If I was fear I would create illusions in your mind to make you afraid of things that are not real. I would make you fear events and things that have not happened. Fear has a way of coming to play in your mind right when you are on the brink of greatness. Fear has a way of coming to play in your mind right when you are on the brink of greatness.
Fear has a way of coming to play in your mind right when you are on the brink of greatness.
If I was fear I would want to get you off track so that you never accomplish your destiny. Fear gets you off track by making you question your purpose and making you think you are insignificant. When fear comes to plague your mind it brings along best friends, self-doubt, confusion and worry.
So how do we continue to walk in greatness when fear starts to paralyze us?
Understand the Root of Fear
In order to fight fear you have to understand the nature of your fear. Fear is something that is created in your mind. Your same mind that created fear has the same power to demolish it. The enemy knows that he does not have any power over you so he sends things to mess with your mind. Once you understand that the enemy is powerless over you, you will understand that fear is just an illusion and that you have the power to overcome it.
15 [God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross].
Colossians 2:15 (AMPC)
When fear comes to plague your mind, ask yourself these questions and actually write down your answers.
- What great thing is this fear trying to stop me from accomplishing?
- Whatever the answer is to this question is the thing that you need to be doing. When you find the answer to this question map out how you are going to get to your destination.
- What am I really trying to avoid doing?
- Are you afraid that you actually might be great and this will mean you actually have to move from your comfort zone?
- What emotions does this fear cause me to have?
- “What will happen if I take this risk?
- The worst that can happen is you either succeed or you fail. If you fail, now have just gained more wisdom. So the next thing you take a risk and go for your goals you will know what to do and what not to do.
These questions above should help you start understand the root of your fear. Now you are on your way to building a game plan to defeat your fear.
Don’t allow fear to keep you from creating something brilliant. Don’t allow fear to keep you from creating something brilliant.
Don’t allow fear to keep you from creating something brilliant.
The world is waiting for you to speak words or create something that will change the lives of many. The enemy knows how powerful you are and he doesn’t want you to recognize your power because he knows that once you realize your power you will start changing lives.
Now that you have discovery questions to help understand the root of your fear the next step is learning how to combat your fearful thoughts. I’ll discuss Step #2 of How to Crush Fear with positive thoughts and then taking action on those positive thoughts next week, May 23. Stay connected with me on Instagram to see when step #2 will be posted.
Leave a comment and tell me what you are going to do the next time fear dances through your mind.
Go and Be Great