Can you imagine the most beautiful view you’ve ever seen? Was it a sunset where the sky was painted with beautiful hues of orange and yellow and the sun reflecting off of the water creating a shimmer? Or maybe it was a waterfall hidden in the depths of nature that you hiked to see and the sound of nature put you at peace. Or maybe it was an arch of beautiful colors in a rainbow that appeared in the sky just as the rain ceased from falling.
Do you know that is how God sees you? Think of the most breathtaking thing you’ve ever seen. That is how He sees you. God thinks so highly of you He calls you his masterpiece. Did you know that when you came into this world you came in lacking nothing and not missing any pieces of your puzzle?
There was a time when I tired to put my puzzle back together with every other piece except for the pieces that God gave me. We all go through times where we can’t see the same masterpiece that God sees in us. It wasn’t until the puzzle kept breaking apart that I started to realize that only the pieces God gave me would complete the puzzle. And the puzzle would never be complete until I saw myself as the masterpiece God created me to be. It’s very hard to put a puzzle together without first looking at the box to see what the puzzle is suppose to look like.
God Calls Us His Masterpiece
For we are God’s masterpiece. Ephesians 2:10
We all start out as a masterpiece but as we continue to live life things happen that cause us to forget our value and our worth. It could be the loss of a family member, a broken relationship, a divorce, or even getting fired from your job or the betrayal of a close friend. When these things happen we begin to forget that we are a masterpiece and we start to think we are a puzzle that is missing pieces. Then in order to heal our hurts we start to put those pieces of the puzzle back together. But instead of using all of our own pieces we use pieces that do not belong in our puzzle. These pieces could include forcing a relationship to work that you know is toxic, always seeking affirmation or attention from others, comparing to others and the list could go on for days.
Today is the day to stop trying to make puzzle pieces fit where we know they are not suppose to go. When we focus on putting our own puzzle back together without using anyone elses pieces the puzzle goes back together a lot quicker and smoother.
If the puzzle piece doesn’t fit, set it aside and save it for later. That puzzle piece may be useful at a another time. But trying to make puzzle pieces fit where they aren’t supposed to go causes one or all of the following:
1.) Can cause damage to the puzzle by forcing a piece that doesn’t fit.
- Examples of this could be trying to force someone to like you or love you. Trying to be like someone else even though you have your own unique identity. Staying in a toxic relationship/friendship because you’re under the illusion that the relationship is beneficial when it really isn’t. Always relying on a person to make you feel loved, happy and feel good.
- What puzzle pieces are you forcing in your life that you know don’t fit?
2.) Can cause the whole puzzle to come apart by forcing a puzzle piece to fit.
- Have you ever chased after a goal or a person that you really wanted and then when you finally reached it you realized that it wasn’t for you? All alone wasting so much time chasing after this one thing and it set you back from reaching your true goals and becoming the person you know you are suppose to be.
3.) You may damage that one piece that doesn’t fit and then it will no longer be useful when you actually need that piece in your puzzle.
- Sometimes people come into your life to help you; however, they are only supposed to be in your life for a season. But if you try to hold on too tightly to the person it will damage them and they will not be able to accomplish the true purpose they were sent into your life to accomplish.
- When you hold on to something or someone so tightly your hands are not free to do what they were made to do. The harder you hold on the more it will damage your hands. Once you finally let go it will take time for your hands to heal before accomplishing your true purpose.
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. Ecclesiastes 3:5
4.) Causes it to stick out like a big eye sore.
You may actually force the puzzle piece in place and it goes into place even though it is not suppose to be there. Now when you look at the whole puzzle you realize it sticks out like a big eye sore. Everytime you look at it you are reminded that it doesn’t go there.
- What things/people have you forced into your life that stick out like a big eye sore? Are there things/people in your life you feel you need to get rid of?
- A puzzle piece that doesn’t go in your puzzle is anything that you are longing for that you think will bring you happiness or soothe your pain and hurt. A puzzle piece that doesn’t go in your puzzle is something that brings you temporarily satisfaction, love or comfort but it never last. It is something that always has you chasing for more. However, when you get it that thing only has a temporarily effect. These puzzle pieces can be different from person to person. Stop and think what puzzle pieces don’t fit in your life.
5.) Causes you to spend time rebuilding and repairing the puzzle.
Imagine you force the puzzle piece that isn’t supposed to fit in place. Then after a while you realize that piece is not suppose to go there so you try to yank the piece out and then it damages part of the puzzle or the whole puzzle gets destroyed.
If you feel you have damaged your puzzle, there is nothing too broken or terrible that God can’t fix and make new. You maybe asking how do I put my puzzle pieces back together. Start by asking God to help you put the pieces back together and praying these scriptures over your life.
O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone! Jeremiah 17:14
he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. 1 Peter 5:10
Start speaking truth over your life. Speak truth over the broken pieces in your life and speak truth over the false beliefs you believe about yourself. Thank God daily that the pieces are coming back together. Thank God daily that he is revealing the pieces that you need to remove.
Speak this over your life today: God calls me his masterpiece and I am a masterpiece created by God. All the pieces of my puzzle are coming back together. Thank you God for revealing all the pieces of the puzzle that need to be removed from my life. I will focus on rebuilding my own puzzle without forcing pieces that do not belong.
Stay tuned for when I published part two of this post on putting the puzzle pieces back together. You can subscribe to my mailing list below to stay up to date on new posts and to receive a free copy of my ebook “Year of The Game Changer”.
Download your free copy of my ebook “Year of The Game Changer” A Self Discovery Guide to Unlocking Your Inner Greatness. Click Here
Awesome! This reminds me to wait on the Lord and not to be in such a hurry to make things happen right now. God is so faithful. He will show us his plan for our lives if we seek him, be patient and wait for his answer. Isaiah 40:31 -“but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”